Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Time reconsidered

I have been thinking about what I said yesterday that I would go back 20 years to when my body was healthy and whole. Now, I don?t think so. Back then I did not have the serenity and the wisdom I have now. I had not discovered that peace was a possibility for me. Despite this disease I believe I would choose to be who I am today instead of what I was 20 years ago.

Back in my early forties, everything had to be done right now. It had to be done rapidly at warp speed. I could not slow down and smell the roses (I was one who did not see the roses back then). I had never been diving and had not discovered the oneness with the sea. I had not learned to accept myself for who I was instead of what I was. So, all in all, I will stay in my sixties with my MSA and see what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment