Thursday, September 17, 2009

Random Thoughts & Stray Quotations

These are some personal musings and quotations/truisms gathered over a decade of reading and thinking, not to mention those items sent to me over the Internet.

Is the glass half full or half empty? I say it depends upon whether you are looking down on the glass or up at it. If you are looking down, it is half empty, if you are looking up from the bottom, it is half full.

The universe is blowing don not get in the way.

Nothing needs to change in your life situation or the world in order for you to have peace of mind.

THE SENILITY PRAYER:
Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
The good fortune to run into the ones I do,
and The eyesight to tell the difference.

Always Remember: You don't stop laughing because you grow old,
You grow old because you stop laughing!!!
When you have come to the edge of all the light you know and are about to step out into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things will happen: There will be something to stand on, or you will be taught to fly.
Inch by inch, life's a cinch; yard by yard life is hard
I did not have to let the terms of a disease define me. I could redefine the terms. (Michel J. Fox)

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first. (Ernestine Ulmer)

You never know when a moment and a few sincere words can have an impact on a life. (Zig Ziglar)

Life is all about the moments shared with family and the people you loved that can never be taken away.

A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Fear is just a feeling. Fear can never hurt you.

I?ve learned that one of my best traits is that I am resilient. And I have learned that fear is a normal reaction to danger. And I know for certain that panic is the enemy. So I sit where I am and try to keep it together.
(Janet Evanovich)




I had had drilled into me an unflinching attitude toward illness or weakness: Fight it. You can fight it, and you can win. To be weak is to fail; to let down your guard is to surrender; and to give up is to dismiss the power of your own will. (author unknown)

The fundamental flaw in all of this, though, is that it neglects something intrinsic to the complex real world and to complex real human beings. In fact, it is not necessarily true that everything can be conquered with will power. There are forces of nature and circumstance that are beyond our control, let alone our understanding, and to insist on victory in the face of this, to accept nothing less, is just asking for a soul-pummeling. The simple truth is, not every fight can be won. (From The Last Lecture by Pausch)

Computer user error: (from the Internet)

A young lady was having trouble with her computer. So she called the office geek over to her desk. He clicked a couple buttons and solver her problem.

As he was walking away, she asked him, So, what was wrong?

He replied, it was an ID ten T error. A puzzled expression ran over her face. What is that in case I need to fix it again?

He grinned and said, Haven?t you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?

No, she replied. Write it down, he told her, and I think youll figure it out.

She wrote: ID1OT

HEART CENTER MANTRA

I AM THE OPENNESS OF THE HEART...I AM THE FOCUS OF THE MIND...

I AM THE CONNECTION TO THE SOURCE...I AM ONE WITH THE DIVINE...

I AM THE GIVER....AND THE RECEIVER...

I AM ONE WITH ALL THAT IS...AS SO IT IS.

No comments:

Post a Comment