Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I am a UU – December 17, 2014


I joined the Tampa UU church in September 2013 and have enjoyed every minute of it.  I am the Hospitality Chair and the Social Activities Chair.  My main job is to buy and prepare the food before the service for everyone to eat after the service and then to clean up and wash the dishes (clean them and put them in the dishwasher).  I love the services there.  As soon as I walked in I knew I was home.  Such a loving place – warm and supportive.  They are also very protective of me and my well-being.  Humbling.  I just do not like being told what to believe and how to worship and the UUs don’t do that.  It is up to you to develop what you believe but to live an ethical life, respectful of others and the earth.  My kind of place.  I also love the singing.  I missed that before I started going to church.

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear about your involvement at your church. You go!

    ReplyDelete